State EMS Test Site - Tidewater EMS Region
"Items to Bring" Information
Please Note: Candidates (Students) at consolidated test sites are no longer permitted to bring any electronic devices onto the premises - they must be left in their vehicles or at home. Anyone who thinks they may have a personal emergency may be directed to call the CTS coordinator or his/her designee, at the Regional Council's discretion. Evaluators and CTS staff members are not affected by this directive at this time.
This document is a repeat of the confirmation you receive as part of registration for a state EMS test site in the Tidewater EMS region. In case you did not receive either an on-line or email confirmation, you should call the Tidewater EMS Council (757- 963-0632 between 8:30 am and 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday except holidays) to confirm that you are successfully registered. The below information will assist you with the information necessary to be prepared for testing.
In case of inclement weather call 757 963-0632.
The following items must be brought to the test site by you and/or your instructor/course coordinator. It is ultimately the test candidate's responsibility to ensure that all items are present in order to test. You will not be permitted to test unless all required documents are brought to test site. This confirmation is from the Tidewater EMS Council and it confirms that you have registered for a specific test site. This letter is not the necessary documentation, listed below, that authorizes you to test.
Directions to test sites are posted on our website at www.TidewaterEMS.org and can be obtained by calling 757 963-0632 between 8:30 am and 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday except holidays.
FOR EMT AND EMR INITIAL CERTIFICATION:
1. Picture ID - Drivers license or other government-issued photo identification card.
2. Completed Virginia EMS certification application (blue bubble form).
3. Virginia Office of EMS Letter of primary eligibility.
4. Signed Parental Permission Form if the student was under 18 years of age at the begin date of the course.
FOR CHALLENGES, RE-ENTRY, LEGAL RECOGNITION and RETESTS FOR BLS LEVELS
1. Picture ID - Drivers license or other government issued photo identification card.
2. Virginia Office of EMS Eligibility Notice letter. Individuals retesting must also bring all score sheets included with the OEMS letter. Candidates will not be permitted entry into a test site without an eligibility to test letter from the Virginia Office of EMS. This includes Eligibility Notice received with CE reports from the OEMS, letters sent by the OEMS indicating test failure (retest do not require instructor or physician course director signature), or approval to challenge certification levels based on equivalent training, knowledge and experience. Anyone provided a special accommodation due to a limitation, as defined under ADA, and recertification hours completed by continuing education. These documents are sent by the Virginia Office of EMS as authorization to test.
Once the examination has started, late students will NOT be permitted to test and no refunds or credits will be issued. No-shows will be billed a $25 fee. Re-registration will not be permitted without receipt of the $25 fee. If you have any questions, please call the Tidewater EMS Council office at (757) 963-0632.
If you owe a test fee ($50 for practical testing for all initial and recertification tests for EMT and EMR, $25 practical re-testing fee), send it, along with your name, daytime phone, test site and test date to:
Tidewater EMS Council
1104 Madison Plaza Suite 101
Chesapeake, VA 23320
The test fee must be received prior to the test date or you are not registered, unless prior arrangements have been made for you to pay at the test site.
Thank you and good luck on your state test. Don't forget to bring the appropriate documentation described above.