November 6-10, 2019 in Norfolk, Va.
Norfolk Waterside Marriott | Sheraton Norfolk Waterside | Hilton Norfolk The Main
Registration is open for the Virginia EMS Symposium! Plan to attend one of the largest EMS training events in the country, the 2019 Virginia EMS Symposium, which offers more than 400 courses and 13 course tracks to help fulfill your continuing education needs. These courses are also applicable for nurses and physicians. Registration closes Oct. 4, 2019.
For more information and to register online, visit:
Hotel Room Blocks
Hotel room blocks for the Norfolk Waterside Marriott, Sheraton Norfolk Waterside and the Hilton Norfolk The Main will open at noon in tandem with symposium registration. Once you have registered for the symposium, you will receive additional information regarding how to secure your hotel stay. There will be a special symposium rate offered for these room blocks.
- General Sessions with Keynote Speakers
- Wednesday - Spirit of Norfolk Dinner Cruise
- Thursday - Dinner Theater with Magician and Dance with DJ
- Friday - Game Night featuring more tables and activities than ever before
- Saturday - Annual Governor's EMS Awards and Banquet, featuring keynote speaker J.R. Martinez.
- Jose Rene “J.R.” Martinez is an American actor, author, motivational speaker and retired U.S. Army soldier. In March of 2003, Martinez was deployed to Iraq. In April he sustained severe burns to over 34 percent of his body when his humvee hit a roadside bomb. Since his recovery, Martinez has since become a highly sought-after motivational speaker. He has traveled around the country speaking about his experiences to corporations, veteran’s groups, schools and other organizations. The Saturday evening dance will be held after the Governor's EMS Awards Banquet.